(This is for the week of Wednesday, February 16th through Tuesday, February 22nd)
Accomplishments & Great Moments this Week:
- Tracking: I tracked 5 days! One of them isn't complete (Friday), but 4 of them are. This is a vast improvement over the previous week, I'll take it!
- Activity: I did 9 workouts in 6 days, burning over 2400 calories. Here is my activity spreadsheet-
- I attended a long meeting in the auditorium at work and afterward, a woman that I know told me that she couldn't stop looking at me and admiring my perfect posture (I swear, I don't make this up, folks!). She told me she wanted to sit that way too, and she did. For 10 minutes. I lasted the hour, of course. She told me I looked "regal"! I love posture compliments. Sitting upright feels so good - you should really try it!
- I reached one of my Nike goals - running 8 times in 4 weeks. I was given another 'virtual medal'-
- I finally received my first copy of Veg News. I know one blog reader, Shawn, received hers too. I hope the other 2 recipients have theirs by now.
- I tried a new fruit - Cactus Pears. They were interesting looking on the outside and beautiful on the inside, but I wasn't really a fan of the taste. For one thing, there wasn't a big taste and the texture was kind of mealy (the same reason I don't like red 'delicious' apples and most pears). I liked the seeds just because they were a little more fun to chew than the rest of the fruit, but I won't be buying these again.
- One big victory - my first outdoor run, which I blogged about. And since then I had another! Here's a handful of photos -
- Thank you to all of you who tipped me off to the Weight Watchers television commercial casting. It took me hours of writing, rehearsing, recording myself, revising my words, changing outfits, changing location in my apartment, cats getting in the way, etc... but my very patient neighbor Jaci helped - after 5 takes with her (and about 25 by myself), she recorded me for a short video. I submitted all the online paperwork and actual paperwork. Thank you to all of those that told me about this contest. And et's hope I hear from them :)
(here's a still shot where the Sarge snuck in...)
I have such an action packed few days starting tomorrow!
- Thursday 2/24: WW Party! Not only is my self-imposed 10 day long 'beer ban' lifted (woo hoo!) but internet blogging worlds will collide when I meet Suzi Storm in the flesh! But it will be an even bigger WW party because we'll also be toasting to our amazing selves and WW with Trixie, Melanie & Kitty. (I already pre-tracked my 13 PointsPlus for the 2 delicious draft beers I will be enjoying, thank you very much!)
- Friday 2/25: A dream come true! This is an event I have dreamt of for years - decades, even - it's the day of the Weight Watchers Success Story photoshoot! How amazing it is to be recognized by them and included in their success stories! This means so much to me, you have no idea. I'm sure I'll tweet updates but I think I'll keep my outfit/appearance under wraps so you can look forward to it.
- Saturday 2/26: Run! This is the 2nd of my 9 qualifying runs. And it's early - 8am in Prospect Park, 4 miles. I wonder if it's the same course as the Jingle Bell Jog. Probably. I think the whole WW crew I mentioned above will be there (including Suzi, to cheer for us at the finish line!) and I already heard from 2 blog readers I never met that they are running also. I hope to meet those ladies, too!
- Saturday 2/26: Book Launch! That night is another exciting event - the release for the book about Queens (Forgotten Borough) - you know, the book that used one of my photos on the cover! I still can't believe how cool that is! I'll get to meet the author who somehow found that photo on Flickr and decided it was 'the one'.
- Sunday 2/27: Stairs! It's the Rockefeller Center Stair Climb! This time I'm going to push myself - since that's my only regret about the Empire State Building Stair Climb, that I didn't push myself enough. I'll also meet Diana, a blog reader that I've been in touch with for a long time but have never met.
- Sunday 2/27: Vegan Waffles!! I'll be capping off all of that awesomeness with one meal I've been looking forward to for weeks: Vegan Waffles at West Cafe! I indulged only once so far - after my run in Central Park a few weeks ago. On that visit, I had the chocolate peanut butter. They have about 6 or 8 options, so I am definitely trying another one this time. I'm so excited for those waffles, I can't wait!!!
- I came across this Toronto bike blog with amazing photographs. They linked to me under their "Global Cycle Style Sites" category. I am honored to be part of such a category! Thank you, 'Xander!
- A French blogger seemed surprised I use coconut oil. I'm not sure why. Coconut oil is good for you and makes everything you cook smell & taste wonderful! I translated what she wrote "I must say that I had ever seen a blogger I like to use regular oil coconut. It is the WW program, I do not know how it fits into this program, but she does. These 'Bitch Cakes' and I put two of these post (she alluded to a few times) where she mentions coconut oil" As for how it fits into the program, I use 1 tsp at a time to cook with (for 1 PointPlus). I count it towards my healthy oil even though, technically, it is not in WWs healthy oils list.
- Thank you to my favorite elected official, Assemblyman Joe Lentol, for giving me a shoutout on his Facebook page, recognizing my Empire State Building Stair climb!
- Thank you to Meredith for listing me as an inspiration. She's right, I never sit still. And I can't wait to ride my bike again! It's been over 3 months!
- Thank you Lizzi, for linking to me as a site she was enjoying this week. I hope you really made it to the treadmill! :)
- I was perusing the Weight Watchers blog portion of the website and came across a WW member who found my blog and had this to say "I stumbled across BitchCakes, and she will never know who I am, but she was a huge part of the kick in the **** I needed to join again." Awesome and now I do know who you are! But then I came across another entry from the same member. She said "I am completely hooked on one blog in particular. She may never meet me, but I want her to know that she changed my life and she was the reason I went back tail between my legs to WW in the first place. I appreciate all her honesty and I can't help but be in awe of all her hardwork. She makes running in the mud look fun! Whenever I beat myself up this week, I just went straight back to her blog and get my a$$ off the couch and on to something that resembled a piece of exercise equipment. I can even look past her hatred of orange (orange is cool (pout)). So, I don't know if she lurks on the WW site or not, but it's cool. She deserves a shoutout and since the job internet firewall and blogspot don't get along, I just wanted to say, "Thank you Bitchcakes!" (hug)" Thank you, CurlyCole!
- ErinJ86 also linked to me in the WW blogs and had another great quote "For me she is an inspiration not only because of the weight she's lost (and she looks AMAZING) but because of the emotional baggage she has unpacked, and most of all because of her bravery in embracing a totally new way of life." Thank you so much, Erin! (I tried to comment, but I think it's the Australian website and it won't let me in.)
- And do you remember Mary & Chris from Boston? I hope she checks her mailbox. She has a present on the way...
That's all for now. Heck, that's enough! :)
Just a note: I doubt there will be a video blog this weekend since I will be blogging about both the run and the stair climbing event. I also have some other top secret things I'm working on that I need to squeeze into my already crazy full weekend. My point? You may have to wait till next weekend to hear my charming voice and see my adorable manerisms again.
Thank you for reading, have a great night.
And Suzi, I hope you're packed and ready!!! See you in less than 24 hours!